I just got an email telling me my autographed pre-order of Alice Peacock's new CD Who I am shipped, and checked the USPS site and it arrived in Arlington this morning. That means it'll probably get delivered tomorrow...or even today, who knows?!
If you have not checked her out, you should do so. I saw her when she opened for um...um...um...what was that dude's name? Some well-known folk singer whose name is momentarily slipping my mind because I was so much more taken with Alice Peacock, who did a full set with just herself and her acoustic guitar and her piano for a song or two. She is sickeningly pretty and was cute that night with her hair in a bandana with two braids sticking out, and so down-to-earth and moving that I found a new favorite female singer for the first time in who knows how long.
I posted lyrics to one of her new songs, Runaway Day (which you can listen to on her myspace), on my writing blog a few weeks ago when I made it the soundtrack of my day for writing.
She just happens to be playing a free in-store concert at the Apple Store in Chicago the week we are going there on a road trip later this summer. I didn't even plan that. :) (I usually do plan my travels around concerts, but this time I promise I didn't.)
So, hopefully later this afternoon or tomorrow I'll be peeling open that new CD and listening to it obsessively for the next few weeks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment