Saturday, July 01, 2006

Midyear Resolutions

Yes, did you realize that today is the first day of the rest of your year? I was pondering that heavy thought at 4:30 this morning when my husband was snori....I mean, when I was trying to sleep. ;)

I thought that because I never make New Year's resolutions, I should try to make some midyear ones, and only ones that are somewhat possible to keep so I don't go around feeling like a loser for the next six months. So, here ya go.

1) Do something new and different, or at least different, if not new, most days. (Write myself a note the night before reminding myself what it is I'm supposed to do.) During the night I decided I wanted to make challah bread, maybe in the bread machine. I've already possibly broken this one, because our yeast apparently expired in 2004, although we never noticed. That might be why the last few times we've made bread or rolls it didn't work so well. I love challah and Todd is at the store this very moment purchasing new yeast and more bread flour. We'll see if I can summon up the energy to do it tonight, or I might do it Monday with Emilie.

2) Hug more. (Easy for you to say, but I'm not a real huggy person, so I have to work at it.) Especially my kids, and of course, my Toddy.

3) Stop using sheets of toilet paper as bookmarks. It's embarrassing when I get to the pool, or anywhere in public. It speaks volumes about my reading habits. I have plenty of bookmarks.

So, I've posted it for the world to read--I am now accountable.

2 comments:

Love Mommas said...

How about stopping shouting I could get this cheaper at a garage sale? :-)

(Really you haven't said that in a long time, but I just had to add that!)

Julie Kibler said...

You know, I was just thinking about that the other day...right after I had another episode of diarrhea of the mouth. I almost blogged about it and was going to mention that little indiscretion.
Think first. Talk later. Sounds like a good idea. :)