

Just wanted to honor Ryan today with my latest favorite pics of him. He told me today he was giving up songwriting because he's so bad. I said, Okay. He said, "What?" and I said, "Let me know when you get back to it." :0)
We had a little talk today about songwriting in comparison to regular ol' writing--about writing everything down, and then prising out the good stuff. I thought it had helped, but apparently it made him quit instead.
I don't think it'll last. He's good, and that's what makes him question himself so much. If he were bad, he'd have no clue.
FYI...the top two pictures were when he and his buddy Nate dressed and performed as the Blues Brothers for a jazz band dinner dance at school. The last one is him in his natural environment--lots of trash, lots of dirty and clean clothes mixed together, and lots of musical instruments. It's scary how much this looks like my room as a teenager, only my room was throwing up books instead of instruments.



1 comment:
Ryan is the coolest of the cool! We have GOT to get him and Andy together. I think Andy has taken a stab at writing a bit, but he doesn't know I know. I saw some things in a notebook once. I think it was a while ago, but I think he'd enjoy it. This morning he was listening to music from Jesus Christ Supertar and Rent on his computer. Can't say he doesn't have eclectic taste . . .
Now you know me, that third picture made me laugh thinking about how I would be twitching if I walked in that room. . . however, I am aware that my "need for neat" does not necessarily constitute a cleaning emergency on the part of others . . .
Post a Comment