She has kidney disease and frequent hairballs and pukes a lot. We're not sure from which affliction, but at least a few times a week.
A few minutes ago, my younger daughter passed through and pointed to the same spot. "You know there's cat barf there?"
I predict that before the day is out, my mother or husband will point to the same spot and say, "You know there's cat barf there?" Well, maybe my husband won't. He might actually clean it up because he's cool like that.
If my son hadn't already absconded after only one year of college, he'd probably stroll through and say, "You know there's cat barf there, right?" (He'd add the "right," just for kicks.)
And I even know what you're saying. "Julie, you know there's cat barf there, right? And you haven't cleaned it up a full seven hours later?"
To all of you (minus my reading audience, unless you are one of the other mentioned parties), I say, "YES! I KNOW THERE IS CAT BARF THERE. BUT IF I AM APPARENTLY IN CHARGE OF CLEANING UP THE *FAMILY* CAT'S BARF, I WILL CHOOSE WHEN AND HOW TO CLEAN IT UP. IF I FEEL LIKE PASSING IT BY AND CLEANING IT UP LATER, DAG NABBIT, I WILL. AND ... BESIDES ... HOW AM I ANY DIFFERENT FROM YOU?"
Hmm?
Really, I'm not bitter. I'm not rebelling. It honestly just cleans up better after it dries and gets hard and crusty. Then you can just scoop it up, spray a little Oxy miracle spray on it, and voila! No cat barf or nasty stain from scooping it while it's ... okay, never mind that detail.
But, still. I'm just saying.


4 comments:
I am the barf queen here too. We get dog barf occasionally. And you are right about letting it dry all day. MUCH easier to clean up. Except with dog barf, if you don't clean that up right away, the dog will....
Speaking as the apparently appointed queen of all animal excretions at my house, I can agree with you that it is easier to clean up after it dries. And my family feels compelled to do the same thing - point OUT to me that there is barf or poo or whatever other vile substance might be on the floor. I have complained that this makes me feel that they ASSUME *I* will clean it up, and of course they both DENY that is the case . . . but I don't see anyone else with the paper towels and cleaner. I'm just sayin . . .
Haha, glad I'm not the only one who sees it this way.
My husband did clean it up. LOL
Yeah, the dog threw up last night behind the love seat and hubby informed me this morning that it was there and I should clean it up. Guess what? It's still there. With all the other thousands of things I was doing today, I just didn;t have time to clean up dog barf. Oh well. It will just be drier tomorrow.
Anyway, the whole incident reminded of this post : )
Post a Comment