Sunday, September 24, 2006

Isn't it ironic...don't you think

Ryan reported Friday that the choir nominated him for homecoming king/court. Each club gets to nominate a boy and girl, I guess, then the school votes. I told him it's ironic that when I was a highschooler, the way you gained popularity and nominations for things like the homecoming court was by being like everyone else--the same clothing, down to the brand and buttons on the fly and alligator on the...um, yeah, on that; the same hairstyle (Do I hear "wings," anyone? Oh, wait that was jr. high); the same neighborhood; and so on. Sameness equalled popularity.

These are the days, my friend. Here is what I came home to one evening recently. Here is your Summit choir choice for homecoming king:


And, yes, he did wear this to school.

Life has a funny way of sneaking up on you
Life has a funny, funny way of helping you out
Helping you out
(from Ironic, Alanis Morissette)

No comments: