Monday, May 15, 2006

On time Mother's Day gifts

Well, Emilie's would actually qualify as early. It was earlier than I wanted to wake up, anyway. :)

She and her best friend worked really hard all weekend making me and her friend's mom unique gifts. They got Elena's dad to take them grocery shopping Friday night (and I didn't even question why Emilie wanted to go grocery shopping with her friend's family--you know how pre-teen girls are--they just want to be together!). They bought all the ingredients for and spent that night and a few more hours Saturday cooking and creating. We got baskets with all kinds of chocolate goodies, and a little homemade recipe book with all the items' recipes. It was so cute! There was even chocolate sushi. I must say that was interesting...I didn't eat it all. Rice apple juice, chocolate and some other stuff. The word sushi just make me a little nervous, and it had all kind of liquified. Chocolate chip muffins and scones...yum!

So, Emilie couldn't stand it any more and woke me up about an hour before I really needed to get up to bring it to me in bed. Awwww :)

Ryan's gift was actually kind of early and on time as well. Last night he performed at a local coffeehouse for several hours. I got there late with a few people we had over to the house for the Mavs playoff game and hamburgers. He had already played one of my favorite cover songs (Kathleen by Josh Ritter), but with lots of yelling from me and the audience, he was convinced to play and sing it again just for ME! It was cute. He said "Julie" instead of "Kathleen" in a spot or two and the teenage girls just beamed. That was very strategic. Many brownie points with the ladies for that one, I'm sure. Hehe. He also gave me a card and chocolate today.

Kristen painted me a beautiful picture of flowers and waited all weekend for Tood (as she spells it on occasion) to take her to Hobby Lobby to get the perfect card she had seen the weekend before while with a friend. Unfortunately, it was gone, but she found me a cute one anyway.

This morning (well yesterday by now) at church, I also got a special rose and babies' breath from my little foster daughter from last year. She is a cutie and always comes to me for a hug and a chat each Sunday. She is a reader and today we talked about books and how she likes the Boxcar Children books that I also liked when I was a little girl. I need to pick out some special books for her for a late birthday present.

I got a nice long nap this afternoon before freaking out watching Grey's Anatomy and working for 4 hours!

No comments: