My 8-year-old brought me some early Mother's Day gifts home from school today. Those are the kinds of things you always look forward to and hate to ever throw away. Hers are a special joy--we never quite know what to expect.
Today, I received an acronym of sorts (don't think that's the right word, but you know...) of the word "Mother." You know, the thing where you list all kinds of words that start with the letters that represent what the whole word means to you.
So, I was reading along...
Memories...Mine...Magical...
Hmm, this is all sounding pretty good.
Magnificent...MAXIMUM CONTROL??
I had to stop reading, choke, and then quiz K on this. She explained that they were all just throwing out words in class that could go there and she was just writing them down. Okay, I felt a little better.
So, the next item...a fill in the blank sheet decorated rather nicely, "These are the Top 10 Reasons Why I Love You."
I love my mom because she reads me books. (Awww! I do???)
I love my mom because she helps me do my homework. (Well, on occasion. I'm terrible at it. Very impatient.)
I love my mom when she makes me laugh by telling jokes. (She's got me mixed up with Emilie, but okay, I'll take that.)
I love my mom because she taught me how to spell.
HUH????
Those of you who know and love me and my girl are rolling on the floor laughing now.
For those of you who don't, let's just say that I'm a great speller and a terrible teacher.
:)
Friday, May 12, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I think that what she wrote is an acrostic.
Oh my! That is the best thing I have ever read....you taught her to spell! Does that qualify you for Teacher of the Year?
Also, maximum control...I will not even comment on that.
Post a Comment