I guess it's just "truth is stranger than fiction" week. This evening, I was exploring the Internet (and yes, that is supposed to be capitalized; it's a proper noun, in case you didn't know!), hunting around for some examples of contracts people are made to sign to promise they won't plagiarize because I need to create one of those for my main customer's writers. I put "anti-plagiarism contract" into the trusty old Google bar, and the second hit led me to this site:
Paper Masters, Research projects and term papers - Always custom written - Never redistributed!
Imagine my disbelief when I read the following statement on the home page:
All our writers have signed an anti-plagiarism contract that guarantees their writing is free from plagiarism. This provides safety and assurance to you, our valued customer.
You got it. This company lets you pay them to write your term papers, so you don't have to. They promise they won't plagiarize--they'll just go ahead and let YOU copy their writing. How nice.
Arrgh.
Wednesday, January 25, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I can't believe it. Wait...yes, I can. When I was in college, there was some sort of college paper business *right* off campus. I think they were supposed to print out papers and the like, but I think they provided written papers for lazy students, too. Not sure, but it seems like I heard that from someone.
Then there was the professor who laughed at me when I tried to give him my test booklet at the end of the final exam. He told me to keep it. All semester I knew other students had copies of the exams. I just didn't realize that the professor (he was a PhD) helped his students cheat. What a loser.
Post a Comment