My little pop-up thingy on AIM had a headline news story today:
"Bush Says He Hasn't Seen 'Brokeback Mountain'"
I mean, I am sure that the president is completely bored and has nothing to do but sit around all day watching all the latest movies so he can be up on pop culture, for sure, but my question is, if that's the case, has he seen Pride & Prejudice? What about In Good Company a year or so ago? Those are some of my personal favorites. I'm really offended if he hasn't.
Bush is not my favorite president by a long shot. I'm not going to get into my politics here, but people, let's get real. What are you reporters doing that this is the best headline you can come up with? My journalism degree prepared me to look for actual news.
More from the story (which you can read at the above link, too):
After some hesitation - and laughter in the audience - Bush said, "I'd be glad to talk about ranching, but I haven't seen the movie."
Tuesday, January 24, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Yeah, I thought that was a stupid question. (It was from a college student, and college students are pretty much the ultimate pop culture followers.) I would think Bush's schedule would be much too full to indulge in a movie night. And even if he and Laura did plop down on the couch for a relaxing film one evening, I imagine they'd be more into watching Rear Window or some other old classic.
Post a Comment