Friday, December 02, 2005

How old are you? Me, too! Wanna play?

Isn't it funny how when we are kids, we spend a lot of time looking for other friends who are our age? My son reminds me about how when he was little, I'd try to get him to watch a movie because "it has a little boy in it your age," and he always thought that was lame, because that didn't guarantee it was a good movie. (I never knew he thought that...) When we join clubs, or churches, or go to parties, we tend to look around and figure out "who's our age" to see if we can hang out with them. I mean, I'm sure I must have everything in common with all the 40-year-old ladies out there. (GEEZ that number still sounds so stinkin' BIG.)

Well, today I'm thinking about how much we miss by trying to paint ourselves into the age=commonalities corner. I spent a really fun day (other than the fact that it was work and I had to ride a super-sonic elevator four times that messed with my equilibrium BAD) with my co-worker and friend. She's about ten years younger than me. One of my best friends is about 12 years older than me. I have more in common with both of them than just about anyone else I know when it comes to the things we like to do, read, watch, talk about, etc.

Take the path less traveled, you'll be amazed at who's out there. I am so thankful for these two.

2 comments:

Gail (but you can call me G) said...

Awwww, I love you too Jules! I hope you are feeling better today. I'm so excited about the job proposal you told me about today! Thanks!!!! You're the coolest.

Sunshine said...

Gosh, I'm such a dork! I just saw this post, and it's a month and a half later than when you wrote it! Awwww from me, too! I'm very thankful God introduced us to each other, especially at this time.

Steven and I both enjoy being around those older than ourselves. Sometimes I wonder what will happen when we're in our seventies, though....