Yesterday, I rode a trolley and got off near "Old Ironsides" (see another pic!), then walked up to Bunker Hill, and then walked UP the monument--all 294 steps! I thought I was pretty much going to die, or at least pass out, by the time I got up there. Even scrawny guys who said they were in shape were huffing and puffing, so I felt pretty good!
I decided if I moved to the Boston area, I'd have to live in the neighborhood where Bunker Hill is--Charlestown. It is a peaceful, "quaint" little area. Lots of pretty townhomes with all kinds of cool decorations on the stoops, and quiet! They have these weird little short doors on the lower levels...I'm still wondering about those.
Well, I'm off to Salem today with a bunch of women. I am spending this one day with the "companion" program for Todd's conference instead of alone.




No comments:
Post a Comment