Kristen had to be at school a little early today. They were going to march out and gather around the flagpole and sing a song because it was veterinarians day at school. I thought that was a little odd, but thought nothing more of it. They have special guests sometimes. Later she mentioned she was supposed to wear red, white, and blue. I still thought nothing more of it until I overheard her discussing it with Emilie again this morning. Emilie said, "Do you mean VETERANS Day?"
So, Happy Veterinarians Day to ya.
I mean to post more about my Boston/Newport trip, but haven't felt much like it this week. I am working on some albums of the millions of photos I took on Photo Bucket and will post a link when they are finished. Lots of nature and architecture pics because I was alone most of the week.
It's been a weird week for a few reasons:
1) I have a hole in my laptop computer and nobody's confessing. Yes, a small chunk of the corner of the case is missing and nobody remembers picking it up and dropping it, or dropping something on it to cause this slightly larger than pea-sized hole. My kids are generally pretty honest and so I'm having to give the benefit of the doubt and believe the elves did it. Only other thing I can think of is it was already cracked somehow and the piece just fell out overnight.
2) My goofy equilibrium problem that I get after travel sometimes is back. It hit after I rode the commuter train to Salem last week (I didn't get to go with the companions group after all...long story...my life would be much better at the moment if I had!). It is extremely exhausting and frustrating. So, if you know me and love me, please pray for me that it will pass soon. Ask me how I'm feeling sometimes and let me tell you for a few minutes. I won't dump on you for too long, but it sure helps to talk about it a little. Even though there's nothing you can really do but pray, it helps me feel I can keep going because you care. :)
3) My son turned 17 and that makes me feel strangely mature. He is a lot of fun to talk to right now and I am very proud of him. He has lots of decisions to make about his future--college, etc.--and I am thankful that he wants to include me in those conversations. I love it that we can listen to music together and both like it! We are definitely cut from the same mental cloth, although there are definite natural variations in the weave, as those little tags say that come on certain pieces of new clothing. He may find that scary. :) He has some big dreams, and I hope that I will be the one who says, "Sure, you can!" and not, "There's no way."
Have a good one (you know, a good Veterinarians Day). Stop by and read Heather's blog. She wrote a very sweet post about her little addiction that made me weepy!
Friday, November 11, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I'm praying for you! Also, I love the "Veternarian's Day" story. That's of the Reader's Digest variety of anecdotes.
Post a Comment