Saturday, February 21, 2009

Stories that go down in family history

It really has been a month since I popped in here, hasn't it? I'm trying to refocus and think through my blogging time.

BUT ... of course, I couldn't pass up a good opportunity for a Kristen says, right?

Tonight, at the Olive Garden. Kristen was puzzled when the waiter brought her a new drink before she'd even half finished the first one. I explained he was probably busy and thought he'd bring one while he had a minute rather than make her wait later. (Which is mostly unimportant and non-relative to the punchline, but gives you a little context and makes this longer and more worth your time for clicking, right?)

So, she couldn't find her straw when she was ready to move on to the new glass. I think it just took her a few seconds to remember it was in the old glass. We weren't really paying much attention to her mutterings until she found it in the old glass and said ...

"Oh, there it is. We'll be laughing about that in forty years."

HUH?

But, I bet we will now.

1 comment:

Bungz said...

When i get an opportunity to travel there again, i WILL HAVE to meet Kristen...