Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Joe who?

If I make more than $250K per year, I am not Joe the Plumber.

I am Joe the Plumbing Executive.

Just saying.

4 comments:

Lynn - the piggy bank painter said...

so true.

Anonymous said...

I really wanted one of them to just admit that of course there is a cutoff, and someone's going to land on it. It's not going to be me--not unless my writing career is waaaaaay more lucrative than I should ever expect--but it's going to be someone. There has to be a line, and poor Joe apparently just happened to be one of the rare folks who just crossed it. The good news for Joe is that he is doing really well. 250K is hardly poor, though I can see how these days it might still be "middle class." (Wowza!)

I also found it faintly insulting referring to the guy as "Joe the Plumber." Not because there is anything wrong with being a plumber, but I have to wonder, if the guy's mom had happened to have named him Reginald, would he have even been invoked last night?

Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

Or he's Joe That Guy Who Charges Up The Wazoo!!

Reckless Rantings said...

no post on my bday??