But she got all kinds of attention today anyway. She went to the doctor last night with fever and coughing and came home with antibiotics and a possible diagnosis of p-u-monia. Yep, two doctors arguing over a chest xray--Is it pneumonia or not?--decided to treat her as if it is so. Because she had "all kinds of squeaking and squacking" going on in her lungs, so they said.
Too much stuff going on in combination with heavy duty allergies=a day off from school for your birthday. Not a bad deal. I know, right? (Just had to say it, after all Emilie says it 100 times a day these days.)
I even heated up leftover taco soup for her lunch when she finally woke up at 2 p.m. after going to bed at 9 last night. I told her never to forget I did this for her and never to say I never fed her when she was sick. ;-)
Because I felt so bad for her, even though I said we'd probably wait to celebrate until the weekend, Kristen and I made a pit stop at Target after piano lessons and bought a little cake and the rest of her heart's desires for her birthday--the sequel to Gregory Maguire's Wicked, and another book he's written about the ugly stepsister or some such character.
I was already in possession of the requested Across the Universe DVD and a few other random movies I thought she'd enjoy after an unfortunate trip yesterday to Blockbuster's previously-viewed-movies-for-sale section. (It's always unfortunate, because I always buy a lot of movies there when they're four for $20. Many I've seen and enjoyed. The pitiful part is I often never rewatch them. I just have some kind of weird emotional attachment to movies I liked. Let's just say this was a *highly* unfortunate visit because I kind of hit the jackpot.)
If we can score tickets for the David Wilcox concert at Bend Studio in November, including one for Emilie, I will be Mom of the Year, except for that minor matter of driver's ed ...
Sorry, sweetie, you don't have time for driver's ed. The only possible time slot in your busy, busy schedule is really already filled. With sleep. Maybe when you're 20.
BUT ARE YOU SERIOUSLY 15!!!!! O.M.G.


6 comments:
Happy Birthday Emilie! We love and adore you. Ian hopes you got lots of cars for your birthday so you can both play together.
And now for a sidebar--Jammy nice toe in the picture ;-)
1.5 toes, to be precise. She got no cars, and she's not getting no cars until she's 21. ;-)
(Yes, I do realize my grammar is bad there, grammar police.)
Oh wow! Happy Birthday Emilie! Hope you are feeling better.
Hi Julie... *grin*
Happy Birthday Em! I assume the books you got were Son of a Witch and Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister. Both on my "to read" list after I finally finish Wicked. You must stop growing, young lady. That's all I have to say about that. Just. Stop.
And Jules, you may be balking at the driver's ed/car thing, but just think how it will free up YOUR time driving back and forth to all her activities! AND, she can drive Kristen places too. Just sayin . . .
Yep, those were the books, Gail. I will pass on all your kind wishes, ladies.
I fear there is simply no TIME for driver's ed! I will be glad (and terrified) when she is able to drive herself to all of her million trillion activities.
Gail, I remember saying the same thing to you when Ryan already had his license and you were paranoid about Andy driving. LOL I guess we just have to warm up to it slowly.
Our Jay turned 15 on the 7th... hard to believe.
Post a Comment