I won't give the name of the town. That would be tacky.
Todd and I went to see Made of Honor tonight. I, personally, thought it was really cute and pretty dang funny. I laughed out loud a number of times, and that doesn't always happen. I didn't laugh nearly as much watching Baby Mama a few weeks ago, and the reviews for it were better. But, whatever. (And thanks, Gail, for the recommendation. Todd and I were going to save it for DVD, but I'm glad we went.) The on-location in Scotland scenes helped a wee bit, too.
Anyway ... this couple filed in after we were seated, leaving the requisite open seat between us. We always try to sit in the row with the railing in stadium seating theatres so we can prop our feet up. I know, I know, we are very uncouth. But, perhaps not as uncouth as ...
Right after Made of Honor scene where Tom (Patrick McDreamy Dempsey) has just been introduced to Hannah (Michelle Monaghan), and he says, "Hannah. That's a palindrome."
Podunk guy: What's a palindrome?
Podunk chick: I dunno.
I don't know why I thought this was so funny. But I did. Maybe it was because five minutes before the movie started, this couple sat down with the biggest bucket of popcorn I have ever seen in my life, a ginormous movie size soda, a couple packs of movie candy, and what looked like a 1.5 liter bottle of water. For some reason, I thought that was funny, too. I mean, how on earth do you eat and drink that much during a movie without having to ... excuse yourself?
My favorite line in the movie was "He has mad cow disease." You had to be there. And this isn't even my kind of movie humor usually, but I couldn't help it.
That is all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Wow ;-)
Post a Comment