Tuesday, March 11, 2008

rAWfl catz

Heather insisted it was time to do a new post, but I'm not going to write about what she wanted me to. Oh, no, I'm not.

Instead, I thought I'd do a little tribute to my kitty, Yentl. (No, you may not buy a vowel.) She was diagnosed with kidney failure almost four years ago, and at the time, we really thought we'd be saying goodbye soon, but with the help of a special food, she has maintained a steady weight, a good appetite, and a dang high level of orneriness since.

Unfortunately, she is showing signs now of declining, and that makes me sad. She is being especially affectionate these days, and if you have ever heard stories of Yentl, you know this was not always true.

Anyway, we have taken lots and lots of photos of her in the last few years, and lately, we've been in the lolcats phase. Only, we like to call our shots rAWfl catz. :-) I'll leave you with a few.

Cat'n Jack Spidey
Can cat-ch fur, can do anything

Air cat-tar

Enough with the camera already ...

I know I'm purdy, but geez

3 comments:

April said...

Aw, she is adorable!

Thanks for stopping by and saying hello! It's always nice to meet new people in the writing business...the business in which I aspire to be one day! :-)

Donna said...

Ahhh, sweet kitty. 3 years ago I had to put my gracie to sleep she too had kidney problems. About 1 month after she was diagnosed she was gone. Tried the saline injections and the special diet but she was too far gone. If only I would have realized that all her drinking water and piddling constantly was a sign. Looking back on it...I think well DUH, what part of that didn't strike you as "something is wrong". Well, I still have guilt over that and am sorry I didn't figure it out sooner.

Julie Kibler said...

Yep, we were really amazed she did so well because she was in really bad shape. She was down to about six pounds and stayed in the hospital for the saline for about a week and was the scrawniest thing ever when she came home. They had shaved her leg and she was NOT happy about it. She is quite vain. :-)

Sorry about your Gracie--cat's are very good about hiding their illnesses, I have since learned.