Sunday, December 30, 2007

Movie-induced daze

Just so you won't wonder if I'm still alive, and to thank you for regularly checking for new posts (all 2 or 3 of you, that is), I'll give you a small taste of what my last five or six days have consisted of, in chronological order. I fear it would be difficult to order them any other way, for they are so very different from each other.

1) Enchanted (So stupid it worked. I laughed my head off.)
2) Paris, Je T'aime (Pretty good ... not as good as I hoped.)
3) Juno (Even my husband said, "Hilarious," which is big coming from him. Tears, too ... well, at least from me.)
4) Ratatouille (The parts I was awake for, I enjoyed.)
5) P. S. I Love You (More laughter, more tears. Deserves more credit than the chick-flick -hating critics gave it.)
6) The Great Debaters (Can I just say, "Wow"? And dadgummit, more tears.)

Six down, six to go. (And that doesn't count the additional DVDs on tap.)

I'm working on another post of a more serious nature, so keep your eyes peeled. (That started out as "pealed," but I checked and it's peeled, indeed, as painful as that sounds.)

1 comment:

Gail (but you can call me G) said...

I am glad you liked The Great Debaters. I warned you about the tears, didn't I? If a movie can make me cry, that's quite an accomplishment. When the girl gave her speech about blacks getting into white colleges, my heart was just up in my throat. Did Em like it? I plan to blog about it when I get time to gather my thoughts.