Monday, October 15, 2007

While I was waiting

I'm waiting for files to upload to a distant server for the project I've been doing for the last six weeks . . . trying to stay awake. (I am trying to stay awake. That is not the project, silly.)

When the files are there, I will be mostly finished, barring all natural or manmade catastrophes. For this, I am extremely grateful. I've clocked about 110 hours in the last 10 days, and I am exhausted, mentally and physically.

But, I'm proud of the effort I've made, and the resulting product for my customer.

If I only had a brain left.

Thanks to my readers for continuing to leave little comments here and there - sweet, snide, or otherwise - even though I've sadly neglected this thing for most of the last month. I promise more exciting things are in the works. I've gotten on and off the soapbox several times in the last few days! I only hope I can remember what irritated me, because I know you look forward to my rants.

I'll leave you with this funny story about my cute little nephew, the son of a stand-up comic. When my brother went for his show the other night, he took my five-year-old nephew with him. It was an early, family-friendly show. The emcee asked if the kid wanted to perform first, and of course, he obliged. You can tell he's been around my brother practicing his comedy for a while now. He's got the shtick down. His routine:

"You know what my favorite joke is, guys?!"

(pause for audience to yell back)

"Disneyland FREAKS ME OUT!"

~~~

He's got the right stuff. I only wish I could say I was as successful. The files are stuck in upload land. I think I'll take a nap here on the couch.

No comments: