Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Stunned

I sometimes worry about putting stuff on a web site or in the blog that gives too much personal information...then I read other people's blogs and am sincerely amazed. I ended up in a roundabout way at a girl's blog tonight and was transfixed for about an hour reading. She is 23 and a stay-at-home mom of 2, a baby and a toddler. She has posted names, locations, and even pictures of herself and kids. She has written all about her frustrations and stress and recently, that she had to go back to work as a stripper because her husband doesn't work much. She has written about her marital problems, and even about an affair she had a year or so ago--that her husband is apparently ignorant of. I feel so much pain for this girl. She is really in a world of hurt and needs help. She is apparently a Christian and goes to church regularly...but has all this junk going on in her life. How does she go on? Pray for Kristi...

1 comment:

Gail (but you can call me G) said...

You know, I occasionally run across an unknown person's blog and read it in fascination as well. It's not really voyeurism, I just find it so interesting to read other's thoughts. I think people often will write something that they would not say to someone face to face, and it often gives great insight into who they really are. I read some of Andy's friends' blogs for that very reason. Not being nosy, just gives me a glimpse into the real person. What a sad story that young woman has. But it is a bit risky to put too much personal detail as there are really some weirdos out there. Did you write her an encouraging comment?