Saturday, July 23, 2005

A special day! Yay!

Today is special for two reasons...

One--today, eight years ago, my littlest girl came into the world! Can't believe that scrawny carbon copy of her sister as a baby four years earlier is the same creature now. She got four inches of her curls cut off Friday, and spent the evening prissing around the house fluffing up the ends as she sang some song from "That's so Raven" and danced. My fairy changeling, as we like to call her because of her pointy little ears and eyebrows, is growing up too fast! We're having a luau tonight, and her brother will keep us entertained as "Lula, the Hula Instructor." Stay tuned for pictures.

Two--my book is OFFICIALLY 100 pages as of 20 minutes ago! I have been dividing the word count by 250 to get the length according to the publishing world (127!!!), but in the wee hours of this morning, the Word document is 100 pages long!

Three cheers for Kristen! Hooray for my book!

1 comment:

Gail (but you can call me G) said...

Yay for you! Haven't had a chance to call you since we got back, finished school (internship) this week and then scrambled around getting ready to leave for our cruise! We are leaving this afternoon to stay in Round Rock and then heading for Galveston early tomorrow! Pray for good weather - there's some tropical "disturbance" near where we are heading. Give Kristen a birthday hug for me and yourself one for your book progress! Me and my book have become strangers as of late. Our computer was on the fritz until Friday night late (had to get a new modem), and I haven't even written a blog about mission trip! Have to do it all when I get back because it's time to get ready for church. Lordy, I'm taking enough clothes for a two week trip! I'll have to change clothes 3 times a day I guess! I'll call you when I get back - I will have a few weeks of slothfulness until I get my temporary license! Congrats again!